Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Safe in Kuwait

I'm here at Camp Buhreing and I'm doing well. We got in the country late last night and had to sit around the airfield for about four hours until we got permission to leave. We stopped over in Reykjavik, Iceland and Budapest, Hungary (over three hour delay here!) on our way over. The total trip time was about 26 hours. I'm still jet lagged, since it's about 8 hours ahead of Kansas here.

I'll be here for just over a week, then it's on to the Phoenix Academy up north. A week there and we will start working. I'll be checking email probably every other day, it's pay for time here. Kuwait is very different from what I saw a few years ago. There's a huge PX, several fast food restaurants, a Starbucks...and people still complain that this place is the pits!!! It looks pretty good to me. I'll have some photos to send soon, and I'm trying to find something for the kids, the local vendor marts are not as great as I remember.

I miss you and the kids so much already. September 28th is the magic day...I promised myself that I wouldn't track that stuff, just concentrate on what I'm supposed to be doing. Stay safe and take care. I love you all.

Ross

No comments: